Discuss Just bought myself a van... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattWeth

Mate gave me a lift to Halfords to buy some oil for my bike and I called in Van Monster which is next door.

Ended up buying an '07 VW Caddy(!)

Dearest can of oil I've ever bought! :D

nice one! congrats.

caddy's look cool. they remind me of trainers for some reason.

they're the trendy footwear of the van world.

will self said on room 101 cars and trainers are converging. they've all got their rears in the air and are covered with functionless pastle nodules and fairing. he said if trainers keep getting bigger and cars smaller one day you'll walk outside your house and put your foot in your car.

good choice matt :)

Cheers Danciin' :) - I'd not driven a Caddy till today - up to know I've only really been looking at Berlingo's and Connects but it drove really nicely. It was more than I wanted to spend but it's mint and low mileage so I bit the bullet!

How is work Matt, are you busy?

I'm only starting for real next month Colin when my redundancy happens - recently it's been mostly admin (sorting out an accountant, business account, selling my car, website etc) but I've been doing some bits and pieces - fitted a couple of outside taps and changed a heating pump. I've got a bathroom booked in for next month and I'm going to clobber the leafleting over the next few weeks.

Very nice, nothing like a spur of the moment purchase
smile.png

You're not kidding Roger - I'm currently having a beer to calm my nerves!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a new caddy last january and must say if you dont need a bigger van for work its the best I have ever had

i think you made the right choice, the build quality of the caddy is much better than other vans, especially the french stuff, hope you got the 105bhp engine though as the other engines lack a bit of power. what colour did you get ?, i think the silver ones look good. i've got a 58 plate in black, it was plain looking in black till i put alloys on it and lettered it with gold & silver writing.

Thanks Johnny. Unfortunately it's not the 105bhp motor - it would have been nice but this one's condition and mileage sold it to me. I'll have to live with trundling around for a while :)

It's white (unfortunately) but decent non-white vans are like hens teeth! - hopefully it'll look ok signed up.

Looking forward to picking it up next Wednesday - just got to sort out insurance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just bought myself a van... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock