Discuss Is power flushing the new drain jetting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all my time fitting new systems and seeing others in the merchants buying heating systems or boilers, a bottle or two of Fernox or similar inhibitor has always been bought at the same time. My question now is why are so many systems now in need of a Powerflush?

I'd say due to inhibitor not being topped up regularly by customers. How many gas engineers here top up the inhibitor when servicing a boiler...

Many systems run for years on the same water and inhibitor should be changed.

IMO I dont believe taking rads off the wall and flushing them out is the best way to clean the system. The pipes dont get flushed, the rads should be agitated to shake out debris. Letting a hose run through the rad out in the garden only gets rid of loose deris and then the water runs clear. IMO this doesn't mean that radiator is free of all sludge/debris. The water is taking an easy way out its running around 12 litres per minute out of a hose (approx) powerflushing is approx 100 litres per hour?

The proof is ON the magnet at the end of a powerflush, but most companies mis sell this service as a "fix all problems" service and most the time doesn't need doing.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is power flushing the new drain jetting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back