Discuss Is our new boiler set up correctly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iOS_Neil

Hi,

first post to the forums. I've had a good look around the 'net but can't seem to find a definitive answer so thought I'd ask the experts :)

We've just had our CH & HW system overhauled after our old boiler gave up the ghost. We had a new Vogue S15 installed along with a cylinder and external sensor.

While the plumber was installing, he said he'd install an outside sensor but didn't go into detail about what it is or does. We live in a rented property so he may have felt he had more responsibility to deal with the Landlord. Anyway, he was in for a few days and once he'd finished, he left and the system was never fully explained. Here's what he did tell us about the setup...

The hot water is programmed to come on several times a day to keep it hot and this is set by the timer we have in the kitchen.

The central heating is set to 'Always On' on the same controller as above and it's timed by the thermostat in the hallway. This is programmed to come on at different times & temps throughout the day.

At this point, I don't know whether everything is a.o.k. and as it should be or if someone thinks different. My reason for asking is...On page 13 of the boiler booklet, it has two parts. One mentions what icons I should see on the boiler with NO outside temp sensor fitted and the other WITH the sensor fitted.

I've checked the boiler several times over the past week or so and at no time have I ever seen anything that looks like the icons with the sensor fitted. So I don't know if a) the sensor is on or b) if it's working as it should.

Could someone please offer advice as to whether it sounds like this is all setup correctly? I tried to post images of the controller, thermostat, sensor & instructions but received a warning of too many urls...

Many thanks!

It's not been connected properly. Think from memory it's auto sensing . But read book he may have overridden it. You can test it by warming sensor with damp cloth on a cold day.... Basically your flow temp should reduce .

It's not been connected properly. Think from memory it's auto sensing . But read book he may have overridden it. You can test it by warming sensor with damp cloth on a cold day.... Basically your flow temp should reduce .

Thanks for the replies. I'll try both - warming the sensor and calling him back to explain the full setup to me

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is our new boiler set up correctly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back