Currently reading:
introduction

Discuss introduction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mick06

Hi everyone; work in all aspects of plumbing and heating, also in energy saving heating and hot water systems , any queries drop me a line, would be glad to help;

Hello mick06 and welcome to the mad house, whats your location ? are you in a office or on the tools ?

Hi Mick
Welcome, new here myself, the regulars are not a bad bunch (expect those who are on after midnight, OK just sad, LOL)
Have you done any large solar job's by any chance ???

Hello mick06 and welcome to the mad house, whats your location ? are you in a office or on the tools ?

on the tools, things are slow at the moment though, still working everyday, alot of small jobs, sorry only getting back to you was away; what about yourself , are you on the tools?

just the usual, two panels new cylinder, have done alot of ice stick systems, refridgerated heat pump , which is great, are you working with solars alot?

Hi
Ice stick ???
No only a couple but had the prospect of a nice one for a hotel laundry HW system could get up to 120 tubes on the roof. I was asked to do a return on capital cost, found out last week they are paying 2.7p / kWh for there gas so they are not going to go for it when the input is only 8 MWh (8000kWh) return would be 40years !!!!
Does it sound right to you that this size of kit feeding into a 250 L pre-heat would only contribute 8000 kWh ????
Thanks

Hi
Ice stick ???
No only a couple but had the prospect of a nice one for a hotel laundry HW system could get up to 120 tubes on the roof. I was asked to do a return on capital cost, found out last week they are paying 2.7p / kWh for there gas so they are not going to go for it when the input is only 8 MWh (8000kWh) return would be 40years !!!!
Does it sound right to you that this size of kit feeding into a 250 L pre-heat would only contribute 8000 kWh ????
Thanks

Could not be right, 120 tubes, the output of the tubes would easily out perform gas, unless the hot water storage is not enough and the solars take to long to heat up the cylinder, laundry probably uses 400 litres a day, ?

Could not be right, 120 tubes, the output of the tubes would easily out perform gas, unless the hot water storage is not enough and the solars take to long to heat up the cylinder, laundry probably uses 400 litres a day, ?
Hi Mick
It uses up to 4,000 L a day (& runs all day along), so what ever is produced by the solar is likely to be used. So you think that 120 tubes would make a bigger yearly contribution than a saving of 8,000 kWh ???
Thanks

4000 litres, big laundry, still feel solar tubes would be cheaper than gas, at least their would be some comeback on their investment, no matter how long, sure gas is not getting any cheaper, i use a new type of cylinder which takes heat from the room and have hot water 24/7, its compatable with solar , type of heat pump, it also can heat rads or underfloor, fitted around 8 of them , excellent, about two grand for 300 hundred litre cylinder; Hotfoot.ie is the company, this might help;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to introduction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock