Search the forum,

Discuss intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
ok i went and did the course this morning on paper its a fantastic boiler easy to stripdown fault finding looks simple and theres a new model coming along next year which is a bit smaller as well not that its over big now anyone got any horror stories about how they perform in the real world?

about the new ones please say the condense trap is internal?

They are pretty big. 450 mm wide and over 800 long the rapid. Says you can install in a cupboard but it has to be a big old cupboard. Does anyone know if the eco rf can fit in a 300mm deep cupboard with the jig on the back? Technical guy says it won't

Not too keen on the valves coming straight down vertically. Although they usually end up getting boxed in I guess.

thats my problem dont like you have to buy an extra piece of plastic to cover up the trap

Apparently the trap on the new one is going to be like the rapid, not internal to the casing but much shorter.

Agree about the valves coming strait down, compounded by the tail not always being parallel.

Apparently the trap on the new one is going to be like the rapid, not internal to the casing but much shorter.

Agree about the valves coming strait down, compounded by the tail not always being parallel.

Yeah, I noticed that, all a bit wonky so hard to get ya pipe level coming off them

I have just fitted a 25kw Rapid, should be renamed 'massive' on the plus side nice and roomy inside.
Because the flue is now central and the condense runs at the back of the hx cast into the aluminium, the flue is very far back! I had a big space to brick up so was ok, but I think trying to fit into a cored hole without the rear spacing bracket would be interesting!

the internal expansion is easy to get at, it is clipped on a pivot on the left, BUT if you are tight on the left side it could be awkward.

the prv is easy as its internally piped into the condense.

and yes the condense trap is a much smaller screw on/off, easy.

That big white plastic thing that comes with the flue, how are you supposed to fit that onto a side entry flue. As said, the flue is very far back and only gives you a around 20mm and that white thing is about 50. Don't see the point in it really. Prefer a rubber collar for inside and out and not just the outside

I have just fitted a 25kw Rapid, should be renamed 'massive' on the plus side nice and roomy inside.
Because the flue is now central and the condense runs at the back of the hx cast into the aluminium, the flue is very far back! I had a big space to brick up so was ok, but I think trying to fit into a cored hole without the rear spacing bracket would be interesting!

the internal expansion is easy to get at, it is clipped on a pivot on the left, BUT if you are tight on the left side it could be awkward.

the prv is easy as its internally piped into the condense.

and yes the condense trap is a much smaller screw on/off, easy.

And HEAVY.

It seems the plume kit on these are only meant to go straight up vertically rather than angled as you have to replace the whole terminal. A bit annoying.

Big shout out to Williams and Abbey at the Croydon branch. They got the plume kit quick stylie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock