Search the forum,

Discuss instantaneous unvented water heater(electric) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooly89

Gas Engineer
Hi guys quick question really.

I have a customer looking to have a instantaneous water heater(electric) fitted to supply a basin & sink in a bungalow and just wondered if there was any good manufacturers/models to look for?

Cheers

Pooly

Ariston [emoji46][emoji46][emoji46][emoji46][emoji46][emoji46][emoji48][emoji61][emoji62][emoji63]

The Ariston Europrisma is a nice unit,had no probs with the ones I have fitted

sorry guys but don't believe I was clear enough needs to be without masses of stored water as they do not have space for a cylinder but does need to be a multi-point that can supply sufficient hot water(with decent pressure) from one side of the property to the other(as only storage is in a cupboard by front door and first outlet at least 3-4m away and last could be up to 7m away) I only ask as I know unvented cylinders have no problems with that but wasn't sure about electric instantaneous water heaters as this will be my first....

Still ariston 15l ample for two basin type outlets

plus one for the ariston easy to fit remeber to poke the cable through before you hang it available in 12 and 3 kw in 10 and 15 litres

I think there is some confusion in the replies in regard to the difference between 'instantaneous' and 'storage' type water heaters. It is the latter that you probably need, and a 15l storage positioned under the sink would probably do it provided the distribution pipes are well insulated (with the exception of dish-washers, most water is used at the kitchen sink). Be sure to check whether an additional service pack is required because they usually are - if water pressure exceeds 5 bar or if there is a water meter fitted: https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/...accessories/?gclid=CKfOg_-OpcMCFUzJtAodMB0AaA

so basically they are not really powerful enough to be used as a multi-point water heater and unfortunately under the sink fitting is not what the customer wants...:banghead:

If they are looking for an electroc version on a gas multipoint ...they are not going to fiind one for domestic properties that does more than a small basin
Unless they upgrade the supply and wiring to 3 phase..which maybe a bit ot :95:

Customers always say they do not have any space but bet they do.

The Ariston is quite a compact unit.iff you have room for a basin .
You.have room for it

What about the roof space anyway....if bungalow mustt be quite big pr behind the sofa...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am guessing I am better off convincing them to have a direct unvented cylinder as they did ask me to install a electric shower instead of the mixer one they currently have and a water heater instead of the vented cylinder. I was with the idea that decent multi-point water heater was available in the domestic market :(

If possible a direct unvented cylinder on 'off peak' (economy 7) electric will work our quite efficiently and they are generally very reliable if stainless is used for cylinder material. Furthermore, the performance of the system and showering will much better - electric thermostatic showers are unreliable and lack performance. On the other hand, thermostatic hot and cold mixer showers or combined bath shower mixers can be fitted at low cost and are much more reliable. The installation is also much safer by using combined thermostatic bath shower mixers e.g. the bath fills at pre-set temperature saving waste and helping to prevent scalding.

How much are they expecting to spend ? Thermo Bath/shower mixer is quite expensive ! Unvented cylinder + labour any gas in property ?

Cheers guys I know all this was just trying to see if there is a equivalent of a gas multi-point in electric.

Jts old couple thinking they want some thing done then telling me they don't think they can afford it before ive even given them a price! bloody indecisive people! :banghead: well they were pretty stupid as they had a gas combi ripped out and replaced with night storage and direct vented cylinder 5 years ago! useless!

Get it all the time want a job done but don't have any money, what can you do cheep, can you fix it with this piece of string, and everyone's favourite it's How much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to instantaneous unvented water heater(electric) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock