Search the forum,

Discuss Installing a dishwasher in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Afternoon all,

Just moved house and hoping to install a free standing dishwasher.
It will stand next to the sink & washing machine.
I’ve identified two spare waste pipe connection options which I just need to cut ready for the waste pipe.

My question is the water supply. As you can see in the photos one is already hooked up to the washing machine with a black switch on it. Is the next door blanked off pipe ready to go? What connection would I need? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 176750E7-7246-447A-9668-1D1453D741D7.jpeg
    176750E7-7246-447A-9668-1D1453D741D7.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 10
  • 5AF6AC75-E953-4FA2-AEF2-C890F7B81355.jpeg
    5AF6AC75-E953-4FA2-AEF2-C890F7B81355.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 10
The other blanked off pipe is almost certainly hot water, from when washing machines needed hot and cold.
You'll need a splitter on the right hand valve similar to link below, then fix both flexible pipes onto it

The other blanked off pipe is almost certainly hot water, from when washing machines needed hot and cold.
You'll need a splitter on the right hand valve similar to link below, then fix both flexible pipes onto it

Thanks. I’ve just ordered one

Reply to Installing a dishwasher in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock