Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Immersion tank overflow is overflowing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rainbow32

I've checked this on the forum and think similar question has been asked and answered but not sure.

The overflow on outside wall is overflowing. we've traced it back to the immersion tank, have tried turning down temp but no difference, have bent the arm of ballcock slightly also. This seemed to work for a while but not now and seems to be worse now. Previous post said to check tank in loft and adjust ballcock there but I'm not happy with doing this and hubby is not able to.

Would like plumber if possible to take a look and advise subject to cost. Live in PE30 area. Any takers please?
Thanks lots any help much appreciated .

I've checked this on the forum and think similar question has been asked and answered but not sure.

The overflow on outside wall is overflowing. we've traced it back to the immersion tank, have tried turning down temp but no difference, have bent the arm of ballcock slightly also. This seemed to work for a while but not now and seems to be worse now. Previous post said to check tank in loft and adjust ballcock there but I'm not happy with doing this and hubby is not able to.

Would like plumber if possible to take a look and advise subject to cost. Live in PE30 area. Any takers please?
Thanks lots any help much appreciated .

This should be a simplefix, just call in a local plumber, probably just need to replace worn valve in one of the 2 header tanks.

This should be a simplefix, just call in a local plumber, probably just need to replace worn valve in one of the 2 header tanks.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Was worried would need new tank/boiler!

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Was worried would need new tank/boiler!
We can't say for sure that you won't need a new tank - the coil may have split, for instance, causing these symptoms - but it is, indeed, *probably* simple. A good plumber will know quickly enough.

Good luck!

I understand you won't know for sure without looking at the problem, but it's nice to know some idea of what to expect rather than worrying about being 'ripped off' as seems to happen. This site just shows not everyone is a cowboy!
Thanks again for the advice and taking the trouble to reply.

On the Fairstead opposite QEH. have a plumber coming today to look, will let you know result. A colleague has a property in Heacham that needs a plumber, would you be interested?
Thanks for interest.

Bit the bullet and called out plumber, nice young guy turned up, had set up his own business since 1 year only. He checked tank in loft and was happy it was ok so checked immersion in cupboard, found the problem (you guys were correct) and fixed. £50 and we're happy all round and will happily call him again and refer to this site.

Thanks to everyone for the interest shown to help.

Bit the bullet and called out plumber, nice young guy turned up, had set up his own business since 1 year only. He checked tank in loft and was happy it was ok so checked immersion in cupboard, found the problem (you guys were correct) and fixed. £50 and we're happy all round and will happily call him again and refer to this site.

Thanks to everyone for the interest shown to help.

Immersion, am i missing something, either way glad it was sorted

Immersion, am i missing something, either way glad it was sorted

I certainly am :) edit: both! - missing something and glad it's sorted.

Rainbow32: what problem did your plumber decide you had, and how did he fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion tank overflow is overflowing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock