Discuss I'm looking for a GS Engineer in the Dungeness Kent area! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apulmax

I posted this following thread on the forum earlier:

"I hope someone can tell me what is going on with my boiler. I have no intentions of taking the boiler apart to fix it, I'll leave that to a qualified engineer, but would like to know what's going on with it.
The boiler is a Gloworm Betacom 24c. It is about 2 years old and has been working fine up til now.
In the mornings when the timer (thermostat) turns the heating on, nothing happens, the boiler pressure is in the red at zero.
I then have to pressurise the system with the water loop. This only takes 5 seconds or so to get the pressure up to 1 bar or just above the red.
The boiler then fires up fine until the radiators are hot, then the pressure has gone up to 3.5 bar, in the middle of the high pressure red.
The only way to get the pressure to drop to normal (out of the red) is to turn the middle knob (central heating setting) down one notch.
I have always had it on maximum without ever a problem until now. I am assuming this knob adjusts the pump speed, not the temperature, hence lowing the pressure.
I checked the CH outlet filter which was semi-blocked with silt, so I took it out and washed it clean and replaced it, thinking this would rectify the problem, but the next day, same thing, low pressure until I purged some water in for 5 seconds.
There are no leaks anywhere and I have checked all rads for air pockets. This would cause low pressure, not high pressure.
Any ideas of what it could be before I call an engineer out and spend big bucks on possibly a simple solution"

The response was it is an easy fix but inside the boiler casing, so needs a GS engineer.
Anyone in the Dungeness Kent area can quote me on fixing this issue please?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I'm looking for a GS Engineer in the Dungeness Kent area! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock