Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal boiler had the F1 code, so topped pressure up but code persists. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs topping up.

If it has an F1 code but the pressure is fine, then this indicates a potential pressure sensor fault.
What if it was low (completely gone) and I've now topped it up (1.7ish bar) but the F1 code persists on? I've tried resetting the boiler and turning it off and on again.

Any ideas of anything else I can do without calling someone out would be appreciated.

Probably a pressure sensor still involved but some boilers don't measure the static pressure head, they sense the circ pump pressure rise each time it starts so possibly circ pump problem?.

Reply to Ideal boiler had the F1 code, so topped pressure up but code persists. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The burner reading is fine. The fault is intermittent, sometimes the boiler won't ignite on either hot water or heating. Everything seems to run but it just fails to ignite. I've changed the rectification and the spark electrodes. Cleaned the burner and the...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi, I am handy DIYer but not interested in touching anything boiler related! Just interested before I get a Gas safe engineer out what I could be looking at for what the problem is and rough cost. So in a nutshell, I put a radiator on in a room in the extension, noticed after that the pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock