Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Idela Standard Dual Flush - doesn't very well in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

duffplumber

Hi - about 2 years ago we had a new bathroom refitted & the plumber installed one of these. There seems to be little difference between the full & short flush. In addition this does not usually clear all the toilet paper, even if it's a single sheet. So you press the button again & possibly again to clear the bowl. Defeats the water saving aspect of the design if you ask me.
Does some adjustment need carrying out or is this a "design feature"?
TIA

Hi - about 2 years ago we had a new bathroom refitted & the plumber installed one of these. There seems to be little difference between the full & short flush. In addition this does not usually clear all the toilet paper, even if it's a single sheet. So you press the button again & possibly again to clear the bowl. Defeats the water saving aspect of the design if you ask me.
Does some adjustment need carrying out or is this a "design feature"?
TIA

Possibly yes. It could also be a problem with the waste pipe leaving the pan e.g wrong gradient. If not then probably is the flush valve. Those ideal standard flush buttons are awkward to install two sticks cut to size could be cut too short.

sounds like your water level is low in your cistern so your only getting a short flush on both buttons

Thanks mikegas
I don't suppose Ideal publish manuals on their site do they? I'll have a look & be back if I draw a blank.

ideal some say mis named as cisterns are allowed less water the spray pattern becomes a bit more important if its low lovel make sure theres no debris in the flush pipe even if its close coupled the casting and firing of the pan can be an issue some one mentioned the gradiant of the soil pipe and if its a 3/6 litre flush again anything like that impairs the performance

As Mikegas said,
Check that the water level, there should be a grove in the cistern to show you the correct level at 6ltrs. Then push down the half flush button on top of the flush mechanism INSIDE THE CISTERN (bypassing the top button and rods), Check the water level should be half, repeat with full flush once refilled. If most of the water has not gone then you will need to adjust the flush valve. There should be a green or blue sliding scale on the side set to 6lts and 3 ltrs. If the water levels are ok then you will need to adjust the rods that attach to the buttons.

Check that pan is level as i have had it where pan sloping forward due to floor and giving poor flush. 6 litre flush does not give a good flush at the best of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Idela Standard Dual Flush - doesn't very well in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock