Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 35 Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take the cover off your boiler as you need to be gas safe registered to do so

Best get a gas safe engy that knows ideals out common fault that needs addressing sooner rather then later

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. I have not touched anything within the boiler and wouldn't risk impacting my home insurance but wanted to see where the leak was coming from before I spent money on a call out. This is now being monitored.

What signs do I need to look for if the heat exchange has gone on the boiler?

We cannot legally comment as you have taken the case off the boiler. You need to get a Gas Safe Engineer out to look at it properly and for that reason. I am out!!

Can I just add to this as there seems to be a lot of confusion about removing the cover from a boiler. It is not like popping the bonnet of a car to have look, The cover is a very important part of a room sealed appliance and forms an airtight seal. Therefore it is illegal to remove the cover as this is classed as gas related work. The cover has to be reinstated and the engineer that removed it has to then verify its integrity by performing some tests to prove that it is back on properly and not spilling products of combustion into the property, potentially exposing the occupants to dangerous fumes. And without the correct test equipment and knowledge the average homeowner/person cannot determine that it is still airtight once they have put it back on. That is why it is so dangerous and illegal for a non gas safe registered person to remove it. Hope this clears things up a bit.
The best advice as always, is to employ the services of either an independant local GSR or the manufactures GSR engineer to have a look at it for you. Good luck and Kind regards Darren.

thanks for updating us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 35 Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock