Currently reading:
I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking?

Discuss I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kdlang

The condenser pipe was recently re-glued in the loft. We were told to wait 12 hours before switching the boiler back on. We did this but the problem seems to be getting steadily worse. The reason for the fix in the first place was because the glue had melted initially when they installed it and left the house with the boiler switched on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I can stop the leak? Thanks very much.

Re: I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leakin

If the image is on your pc rather than a website you need to use the 'go advanced button (next to post quick replt) and add image as an attachment

Re: I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leakin

sensitive data..................

Last edited by a moderator:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Here

I don't get the same options tamz. When I click on the button shown in your first image it only permits URL link. Thaqt's why I suggestef go advanced. Don't know if it's because I use Chrome ?

I don't get the same options tamz. When I click on the button shown in your first image it only permits URL link. Thaqt's why I suggestef go advanced. Don't know if it's because I use Chrome ?
i get the same on chrome as well

Not sure. Maybe try this

4.jpg

Is that the same as me or the same as Tamz G-man

http:// this is all chrome shows you in a similar box with just ok or cancel options

Capture.JPG I get this Tamz

Same for you Gman?

yes exactly the same easyt

Hmmm ... scratches head ... oh look, it's snowing ...

Can you upload them to Flickr and give the link?

It works OK if you go advanced and use attachment option

get this? A man came today from the company who installed the boiler and agreed they hadn't fitted a proper condenser pipe nor a drain. He said the green water was from the sulphur in the gases or the like. Yipee I thought, everyone above had been correct. However, he looked at the boiler and topped it up (I had no clue how to do this), to 2. He then looked in the loft and said the condeser white plastic pipe ran straight into our sewage pipe and out into the main drain. I don't know where the main drain is. He asked if there had been any fittings to radiators put on when the boiler was changed and I said no, they are still radiators since 1984. Next he started looking behind bath and tried to look under shower basin but this is cemented in. He says he now wants to rip up floorboards but will speak to his boss and get back to me tomorrow?

keep an eye on your pressure guage, wat did he top it up to? have a look at it again tomorrow and see how much it has dropped

if he has topped it up to 1.5 and when you check it again tomorrow it is about 1.2 or around about that figure, then I would suggest putting some leak sealer into the system before you start ripping up floorboards and the like

Dunno. I have firefox. I always just do the insert image box.

If i do the attachments (paperclip button) i get this

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10

Right am about bananas trying to upload image. Have tried everyone's advice but for some reason it will not allow me to upload from my computer. It will only allow me to do so from a website. A different guy has just been and said it definately isn't the condensate pipe as it runs into the Soil and vent stack. When I asked him where that went he couldn't tell me but he said it was a plumbing problem. He said with the, wait for it, pressure of the condenser pipe going through the toilet, it can't cope and is overflowing to the outside of my house. He said I will need to fit a new pipe that acts as a drain away to cope with the extra pressure. Now I may not be qualified in any shape or form when it comes to plumbing or central heating but I have a feeling I'm being fobbed off and told to build my own drain? Perhaps not? He also said I would need a new ball cock to cope with the new pressure? HEEEELLLP!

It sounds as if what you have dripping is an overflow pipe and therefore nothing to do with the boiler. You are getting your terminology mixed up.

The guy today probably said it is the increased water pressure on your cold supply (assuming you previously had a tank in the attic) feeding your toilet that is making the ballvalve pass and the overflow drip or run.
When you had your new boiler fitted the tank in the loft would have been disconnected and the cold supply to the bathroom changed over to the mains supply.
This then puts an increased pressure on the system but causes no problems other than the ballvalve(s) in the toilet(s) would have had a low pressure orifice fitted as it was fed from the tank before.
When changing the supply over to the mains it is good practice (but not std practice) to swap the ballcock orifice for a high pressure one and change the washer. You don't need a new ballcock (but you can get one if you like), you need a half decent plumber. The parts cost less than a pound. Cost for a plumber would be minimum charge, probably around £50.

I think however you have more things wrong than this as you have had 2 guys out on 2 days spending time messing around looking for problems when this one could be fixed in 5 minutes.

We need to get this rite is it your condense pipe the white plastic about 22mm or your pressure relief pipe .
If its copper & dripping outside its your pressure reliefe valve to replace .
If its the condense pipe even my 16 year old aprentise can put one in first time & insulate where required & as the lads say the glue sets in 2 min well try & break it after 5 min get the hacksaw .
Get them back if it was my job I would hold my hand up & say sorry

We need to get this rite is it your condense pipe the white plastic about 22mm or your pressure relief pipe .
If its copper & dripping outside its your pressure reliefe valve to replace .
If its the condense pipe even my 16 year old aprentise can put one in first time & insulate where required & as the lads say the glue sets in 2 min well try & break it after 5 min get the hacksaw .
Get them back if it was my job I would hold my hand up & say sorry

Or is it the overflow from the toilet? Iam also unsure as to what the OPs problem actually is.

The pipe that is leaking is covered and runs vertically outside my back door. I have a box thing like an awning that runs the height of the building that I cant access, therefore, I cant see if this is where the white plastic condenser pipe is connected to or whether it is a copper pipe and just an overflow. Okay, he did mention something about pressure and the old tank feed but he said it has nothing to do with them fitting the boiler and it's not their problem. He said I need to get a plumber, and a new ball cock that can take the pressure?

I was just thinking, if this is the case e.g. that I need a plumber, then what on earth was that guy glueing in our loft for two hours?

probably wasting time to bump up the bill, or didn't know what he was doing.

Thank you everyone for all your help thus far! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock