Currently reading:
How you guys doing for work? Keeping your heads above water?

Discuss How you guys doing for work? Keeping your heads above water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

As above really.

I been self employed since last July and had been flat out since. Worked for a firm previously for 8 years and was lucky to have a few contacts.

Was subbing as an installer doing 1 job per week for British Gas but their work has thinned out a bit so they look after their own guys and long time contracters first. So I have no work from them at the mo, so I dont have anything from them until they pick up.

So I don have alot on! I have few services to do, few 1/2 day jobs powerflushing moving rads etc. An oil boiler swap. And a heating system overhaul in a massive house that involves splitting zones, new cylinders and re wiring.

I joined check a trade few weeks ago and have had a couple of calls through that which I am suprised about! 1 service and 1 quote for boiler swap.

Havent advertised elsewhere or anything other than local mag which is about 30 quid a month.

So hows everyone else doing, is it just me struggling or are things bit slow anyway?

whats a networking club?
cant say i have heard of that wouldnt even know where to look

I am a big fan of BNI. I have been a memeber for 3 years now and it's always brought in around 15k per year and ~I love a good fry up.

got the bradford chamber of commerce coming out to see me next week. they do stuff like this also do free debt collecting business advice. etc. 200 quid a year sounds like it's worth a punt. have been looking to join a networking club but have really been rushed of my feet lately not had to look into it.

Quite slow at the minute. Didn't realise just how much a builder we work for kept us going the last 12 months. They have hit on hard times and not won a job this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How you guys doing for work? Keeping your heads above water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back