Currently reading:
how to check the flue performance of air heater?

Discuss how to check the flue performance of air heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
i am going to do the flue performance test of a Johnson and Starley air heater. But cannot find where is the best place to test the flue. Anyone has done this before?

cheers

i am going to do the flue performance test of a Johnson and Starley air heater. But cannot find where is the best place to test the flue. Anyone has done this before?

cheers

done one of these at college me thinks and we were instructed to take the analysis from the primary flue through the back of the draft diverter? hope this helps. sure someone qualified will either confirm this or correct me :)

Depends on the model bluesky! Most have no access to the down draught diverter, hidden behind the unit.

thanks diamondgas, it is hi-spec J50, if there is no access can we make it N/A?

You should be able to pop a smoke bomb in the burner chamber I think? I usually pop them in there so you're testing the whole path through the main heatex... Best to warm the flue up first though as the main chamber is usually pretty sluggish if not heated! At least at the burner chamber you're testing the whole of the flue, primary and secondary! If there's a problem you'll sharp find out!!!

You can always remove the burner and put the smoke pellet in the heatex if you can't access the chamber!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to check the flue performance of air heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock