Discuss How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You have to decide whether you want to present as a Vaillant 831 plumber or a Biasi plumber."
Very eloquently put Ray, like it

I wouldnt turn up to price a job through the week too tidy. My work clothes are lived in. If somebody wasnt going to employ me because I had a bit of paste/silicone/dust on me then I dont want to be working for them. Theyd be follwing you round with the hoover.

We always wear snickers trousers and polo shirts with logos on we used to have blue work wear,but the wife seen a tradesman in black work wear and said it looked smart so we went to black workwear last year. don't think colour makes any difference but I do personally like the black so will be sticking with it.
I know not many do this and it is so simple and that is wear overshoes, I know we get work from just doing this simple thing quoting and working.

We have a pritty boy who can talk legs of donkeys. He hates cats but will sit and stroke it for ages if he can smell a sale. U do surveys clean ish trousers and my customer fleece

Nah, they only thought they did. Actually they were just running up debts, or constantly re-mortgaging to keep up with the joneses.

Real average household incomes, adjusted for inflation, have risen steadily since the war, with real-terms drops only occuring in 1981 and 2010. And they were chicken-feed compared with the ***ulative rises.

Its an absolute myth that people buy on price. If they did, Heatline or Biasi would be market leaders and not Worcester and Vaillant. The vast majority of people buy "perceived value for money". All the cheap boiler makes put together wouldn't sell as many boilers as a single model - Vaillants 831.

If you are self employed, your job is to convince people that you will be good value. That includes how you look. Too smart is wrong. Wearing a suit would make me think of double glazing salesmen. But covered in silicon is not smart enough - at least not for a first call.

You have to decide whether you want to present as a Vaillant 831 plumber or a Biasi plumber.

Intersting facts about people's financial situations. There certainly seemed to more of a 'feel good' factor back then though, but probably just false security.

Reckon presentation is massively important always turn up to quotes and jobs in company branded gear with a few cards in the pocket. Customers like courtesy I find remember pleases and thank yous. Shoes off without being asked or break out the overshoes always gets nice comments. If I'm doing a gas job or quote I try n wear a shirt or jacket with gas safe on just to show quals to custard

I must admit to being a bit of a tramp, jogging bottoms and casual top as i feel comfortable in them.
This year though I'm going to get proper work clothes with company labels stitched into them to try and upgrade my company image :lol:

Smart Suit, flash car X.... clapped out old van scruffy work clothes X...... Modest clean van or car with smart trousers and company logo polo shirt ?

I think it's a balance, if you look to squeaky clean and like you've never done an honest days graft customers might not trust you to do their work. you have to expect plumbers to be a bit rough around the edges after all you don't need to wear a tux to dig around in u bends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We're getting some forum shirts done, Polo Shirts, found a good quality one that's longer than normal. Don't like the ones that ride up when...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock