Discuss Hot Water Storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Electro-tech

Hi Guys, I have been asked to increase the Hot water storage in this bungalow, I am a electrician firstly, a Electricians forum member, and I carry out Plumbing to a point within the regs. The property is all electric ,with no gas available in road. They were advised to have a oil fired or propane heating/Hot water system installed , but they thought best, to make use of what was already in place.Then someone had installed a 3 bar whole house pump for a power shower & guess what, your shower can only last for about 3- 4 minutes with a immersion heater. I got involved ,when I rewired the property.It is not possible to install a larger Hot water cylinder in the existing cupboard on ground floor. I am open for any solution, my first thoughts were to install another Combi cylinder in the roofspace. Having said that, can I link the 2 cylinders together ? Best way to link them ? Open vent on existing cylinder will need to be extended ? Thanks in advance for your valued replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe they were advised to go with oil / propane!
An air source heat pump would be there best option with a new cylinder installed, it would be a lot cheaper to run than all those other options

soalr hw panel and solar cylinder, free hot water! no brainer, nought wrong with oil boiler imho.

sitck a direct unvented cylinder in the cupboard, other space or loft (only if timbers can take the load). Fitted by a G3 qualified plumber of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock