Discuss hot up not down? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

just had a customer of mine text me,

she says you can get hot water upstairs in the bathroom but not downstairs even after running the tap for a long while.
there was blockage issues on the heating system that i have rectified but this one is new on me or covered in cob-webs somewhere!!

anyone?

could be air lock, I am doing job at moment and every time I have drained it down ( on 3rd bathroom) the downstairs gets air locked, upstairs works fine.

I hold hand over mixer tap and open hot and cold for 60 seconds (bizarre as wont work if done for less then 60 seconds) and all works fine

That sounds v strange CANT be airlock if theres water at hot side of tap, daft question but theres not a blending valve at the outlet cos cant think how that could happen. is it just the kitchen or all downstairs.Utiltys etc .?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say it could be air lock if somebody has put a pipe up and back down to downstairs causing air locks in pipework!

its only a 2 up 2 down and it will be the kitchen tap.

just thinking if there is water flowing then that does not necessarily mean it is the hot water running!. it could be the mixer tap crossing with an air lock to hot, but thats a daft scenario imo?.

just remembered, she said no hot water without the heating on so theres a valve issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fitted a mixer tap once and a day later they said there was no hot water downstairs found when I turned the shower valve I got hot water

i did a chemical flush on the heating system after a couple of sluggish micro bore fed rads.

i am also wondering if its passive heat from the rad flow pipes she is getting and that the 3 port is knacked in hw/heat mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot up not down? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back