Discuss HOT, hot water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

5127tony

Hi, I recently fitted a new radiator for a customer and renewed an old one. Since I have done the work the customer says that her hot water is scaldingly hot and it wasnt before. The thermastat on the hot water tank was set at about 75 degrees so I turned it down to 60. She says that still her hot water is way too hot. Is this a faulty thermastat? it was only fitted recently by another plumber who the lady does not want back in her house. Could this have been caused by adding a rad to the system or any of the work I have done?
Thanks for the help and advice

If the water is being heated by the immersion heater then it is probably the stat. They are not expensive.

the water is being heated by the boiler and a control switch. i wonder if the immersion heater has been left on? could that be possible?
that would bypass the cylinder stat wouldnt it? and make the water very hot?

yes immersion has separate thermostat not linked to cylinder stat. possibly left on or burnt out and cooked the water hence very hot water.

Probably caused by the first guy being a chancer and you turning the boiler stat higher than it was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HOT, hot water!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock