Currently reading:
Home heating.. What do the valves do?

Discuss Home heating.. What do the valves do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CdRsKuLL

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of help understanding how things are plumbed in. I have a hot water tank in the roof and a cylinder in the cupboard upstairs. In this cupboard is a electric emersion heater going into the cylinder which is always off. Then we have the pipework going here and there with two red valves, an electric 3 way valve and a pump. I'm not sure if these hand valves need to be open or closed? I! Thinking one might need to be open but the other closed.. Only needing to be opened to top up the heating system... But I'm not sure hence this question.

Below are some photos.. I've tried to get everything in.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Attachments

• 20160312_072252.jpg
    20160312_072252.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20160312_072248.jpg
    20160312_072248.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 30
Just to add you can see the valve with the electric operator on it. I'm assuming this changes between water and radiator.. Opening one or the other or both?

Thanks

Valve at top of 2nd pic seems to be a manual bypass, this needs only to be cracked open
Valve at bottom seems to be on heating flow pipe and will need to be fully open
Why, are you having problems?

Many thanks for the information. Not problems as such just some of the radiators never seemed to get hot. That top value was open quite a lot.. nearly fully so that most likely would be the problem. One of the radiators has no control temp value on it, the one in the hall so you always get flow through this one. Because of this can I close this value altogether?

Thanks,

I`m only going to ask one question then let the heating guys explain it to you.

Is there a stat on the hallway wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Home heating.. What do the valves do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock