Discuss hell of a day - bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
so, needed to change a radiator an dre route some pipe, all OK, thought, 3 -4 hours, taken 7!!! The system took 2 hous to drain, opened all vents, just trickling, not sure why.

Anyway, finished now, long day, looks good, pipe in better place so can be boxed in.

One thing, the rad wouldn't work, so closed all others and forced it through, a little tip I read on here, so thanks all!

OK, need my tea, then bed, absolutely cream crackered!

Regards all.

Rocket

no, not air, it's working as I type, other rads are also on.

It it stops working, what do you think? Please, please keep working!

I do think I need to balance the system, but, not too sure where to start? can you tell me?

Cheers for the replies.

if it stop will need to balance the ch system mate ! make sure get air out of the pump ! and also make sure float valve is not seized in the f&E ,
i always check f&E float valve on filling up

I always close all the other rads off when draining down. No need to empty them all. Only the pipe work and rad your working on

i find i get less airlocks with a full draindown and re-fill

Plus unless it's a relatively new installation I don't want to turn off loads of rad valves that I don't need to touch because you're asking for at least one to leak. And it won't leak until you've gone home either.

Surely if you don't drain down fully, one of those lockshields will be passing and trickling water into where your trying to work.. which can be a right nightmare if your soldering!
I dont like the thought of touching any old lockshield valve either... asking for trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hell of a day - bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back