Discuss Heating design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wet dream

Hi all

I have a large heating system coming up ( 200 rads ) and am looking for recommendations to a company I can send plans off to for a design and spec. Company I have used in past has grown to big and not interested in smaller jobs anymore.

Cheers

You could try MDA at YORK?

What's to design? Circuits and headder? Few pumps and some zv? Why not design it your self and then pass it to a consultant for a critique and them to check calculations ?

What's to design? Circuits and headder? Few pumps and some zv? Why not design it your self and then pass it to a consultant for a critique and them to check calculations ?

Thanks

We are snowed under and I haven't the time to put it together.

Most consultants use Hevacomp and it would only take about a hour to put a 200 rad system into the Hevacomp, they would still do this to verify someone's hand done sizing (if they are daft enough) so let them do it in the first place. What's to design? implies "nothing" and then let the consultant check it "why" if there is nothing to design Ermi then here your chance to make a bit of cash, you do it for them. 200 radiator system just a big domestic :furious3:, a breezy if you do it for them long hand post us the calcs on UKPF run it by us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Matlab and a spresasheet. It's a bit more mathematical and less visual. It however optimises and works on all variables more , none and less unlike some simple systems. Can also run side by side with SBEM.

Would take me a bit longer than an hour but I'm not a consultant nor do I have access to a university as I'm not a consulting lecturer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Matlab and a spresasheet. It's a bit more mathematical and less visual. It however optimises and works on all variables more , none and less unlike some simple systems. Can also run side by side with SBEM.

Would take me a bit longer than an hour but I'm not a consultant nor do I have access to a university as I'm not a consulting lecturer?

Ermi,

I could do it in a hour without Hevacomp at home and not at the uni, tricks of the trade, like you say you don't need the visual bits, just gets in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock