Discuss Half closing isolation valves ok? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Just a quick check - is there any issue with half closing isolation valves to reduce flow? Eg to things like cisterns, basin taps etc.

I've seen many posts saying it's totally fine and good way to reduce flow to stop splashback etc and others suggesting it can cause failure over time?

Thoughts welcome!

It is often done.

Can lead to horrible screeching noise due to restriction and I believe they tend to fail sooner too.

The correct thing to do is fit a flow restrictor, but most plumbers don’t routinely carry these and of course it’s an additional cost.
They do work very well, fit it after the isolating valve as they can act a bit like a filter and get clogged up

Reply to Half closing isolation valves ok? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock