Discuss Green Deal - Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Alright guys,

The Green Deal is about to kick off in Scotland. I know it is a good thing for us, so for those of you sitting on the fence I am interested to hear, how you have went about being authorised/accredited.

For me, im hovering over a couple of "providers".

Anyone with some decent knowledge on this care to input???????

cannot see the benefit for one man bands, its costly. will be ok for utilities and the big boys, just my opinion :)

Registration and accreditation can vary from 1800-3000

If you are getting the work I can't see why the investment is not worth it

will wait and see if it works out,. the cust has to pay £150 upfront first and the rest on gas bill so no immediate benefit for cust, as still paying same amount on bill. and who decides how much is a reasonable amount to charge cust for new boiler ?

I know I don't understand who decides that there must be caps and certain things to follow...

From what I've learned from it

Customers property get asessd to value how much investment required to make house more energy efficient

Say that values to £5,000

This is offset against there electricity bill over the course of 25years??? I'm not sure, but it goes into the deeds of the property rather than the actual customer .... Bt what they are trying to say is that by making these changes to your property, then over the course of the time (25years) you effectively are not out of pocket, because of the money that you have saved in making your house use less fuel.........

so bills are smaller but not total saving past to cust ? a small bit is added to bill to cover cost, spread over 25 yrs ? what happens when boiler knackered in 15 years ?

If the debt is tied to the property you have a problem. In this fragile market we don't need another way to put buyers off. I am just guessing that this will prove to be a major headache to administer for the embarrassingly small number that take it up. Could be wrong........maybe I am just bitter because I am a small guy and so won't get to eat off this trough.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green Deal - Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock