Discuss Grants vortex oil condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

texasjim

Hi guys. I've a grants vortex oil condensing boiler installed. The burner is a riello RDB. The system is installed approx 6 months from new. The boiler was working great til I ran out of all oil yesterday. Ive had a refill and now for some reason I don't seem to have power at the boiler or burner. I've checked the live supply to the boiler and it's fine. I've checked the live supply to the burner and it's fine too. However, the neon light on the boiler on/off switch is out. Also the red reset button on the burner is not lit also. I have not pressed it so it cudnt ave been anything I did. I've hit the reset button on the boiler but to no avail. Is their a reset button that I have missed that any of u are aware off? Or is it an expensive engineer I need? . Thanks in advance, Jim.

Only other resets are the limit thermostats. You should still have the neon light lit, as far as I know, on the on/off switch though?
Better get an engineer to look over it all - those boilers need a good service every year to keep them in nice condition & efficient.

Edit- some of those boilers have a low pressure cut out for the water pressure in the heating system. Have the gauge, (if your has this) checked & if low, refill up to pressure.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Had the engineer out and somehow the neutral wire had come loose on the feed to the boiler. I never even thought of checking that once I had the phase tester on the live feeds and had power. Ah well lesson learnt. Thanks again, cheers jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grants vortex oil condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock