Search the forum,

Discuss Google Nest E and Worcester 32CDI issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

The Nest E has been installed and working fine for 2 years now.

I have a worcester 32CDI Combi about 5 years old.

The last day or so, the boiler hasn't been firing up on schedule, so i have investigated and this is what happens;

When I click the thermostat up to 19deg's or when it starts the schedule, you hear a click in the link e and the boiler flame icon is displayed on the lcd panel. This stays displayed for a matter of approx 15-20 seconds and goes away. I hear the boiler running and then after a few minutes it shuts down.

I thought I would put the boiler into engineer mode (man with ladder) , this then displays the flame icon and the boiler fires and works, not only for the prescribed diagnostic time, but then continues with schedule (I assume) until it switches off at the end of schedule.

So, in summary, the boiler appears to work and the link E triggers a start (for about 20 seconds), so what could the problem be?

I was wondering, does the link E have to trigger the call to heat for a while and it simply isn't doing it? Or is a boiler part, not accepting a call to heat?

Any direction would be good.

Many thanks

James

The nest e shouldn’t be turning the flame symbol off after a few seconds this should stay on for the time you want heat so something is wrong with the nest

Yes or until it’s upto temp

You could try a reset if that doesn’t work it might be under warranty depending on age from nest

Reply to Google Nest E and Worcester 32CDI issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock