Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm Compact 75p not modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Heating

Gas Engineer
Ive been to a Glow Worm that on both Heating and DHW will run on low light for 5 mins then go off. Took the Covers off, everything freezing cold. Got into the burner, all clean as a whistle, Fired it up for a sec with the covers off, tiny little flame on the burner just as I thought. First guesses are PCB or Gas Valve? Either of these common on these boilers? Ive not come across one until today. Could be one of the thermistors but I was getting good readings from them.

Presume you checked the working pressure at the meter and then inlet pressure at the gas valve ??

Yeah, both fine. Customer has since rang back and requested a price for a new boiler. Result. Still wouldn't mind knowing what peoples opinions are though

Changed a pcb on a compact 80e for the same thing the other week.

Good to hear. I did think that. They have chose to upgrade. There will be a Main 30 in there on thursday.

pcb they not cheap - £210 from memory glowworm will do for £260

Sorted her a Main out today, did her a great price on it, was as easy change as could be albeit with a straight vertical flue on a pitched single extension. Fired and flushed for 3 o clock with a chippy dinner. Good job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm Compact 75p not modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock