Discuss Gas meter moved from garage to front of property. How much to extend gas pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, was supposed to be a on a job today, fitting a new radiator to a kitchen, and piping up 2 newly added radiators. Turned up today and the customer has asked me to quote for additional work. The gas meter is being moved from the garage (which is currently being converted to a kids play room) to the front of the property (external) It's only about 8 meters worth of pipe, drilling through to the gas meter and connecting up. He wants it all done in one go and I don't want to be back and forth so said I will return Wednesday and do it all together.

Approximately what would you charge for something like this? Gas pipe will be clipped to the floor, run round to where the meter is, sleeved through the wall and connected up. Nothing big needs to be done.

Thanks.

Edit: it's not me moving the meter, just making the connection to what's already there.

Last edited:
8 metres! You'll probably need some 28mm copper = expensive. I'd allow at least five to six hours, plus materials. Do your home work Ash, or you'll get your fingers burnt.

The customer is planning on burying this pipe as far as I am aware, to bring the floor level up to the same as the kitchen so I will have to make sure it is adequately protected. Even though some of what is already there has just had cement poured over it from what I could see.

i would just wrap copper if it going in screed i would probably use 28 but depends what its feeding and where

It's only feeding a boiler and a cooker. Probably 12m gas run from the meter to the furthest appliance. Looks as though I will be doing the work tomorrow evening once I finish work so it will be a late one. Without compromising on how well it's installed I will be looking to do it as quick as possible.

sticky muck, plastic sheathed copper is an alternative to trac pipe, but if the original is already buried was that sleeved or does it need replacing if your name is going on the job?

It's only feeding a boiler and a cooker. Probably 12m gas run from the meter to the furthest appliance. Looks as though I will be doing the work tomorrow evening once I finish work so it will be a late one. Without compromising on how well it's installed I will be looking to do it as quick as possible.

Only feeding a boiler! Ash come on, is it a combi? If so, chances are it will need 28mm. Don't forget the smallest combis are 24kw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas meter moved from garage to front of property. How much to extend gas pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock