Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Engineer Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wanabe

Hi,

I am looking at re-training to be a Domestic Gas Engineer. Looking on the webthere are many training establishments that can guarantee training, placementsand exams. My question is does anyone know a good reputable training providerto train with and what ones to avoid. This is a major career change for meafter 23 years so do not want to make a wrong choice !

i'm sure the forces can be of help in your situation. there is a member on here called armyash who will be able to give you loads more info about resettlement

question ,
why gas engineering?Do you have some cross over skills?

welcome to forum btw

question ,
why gas engineering?Do you have some cross over skills?

welcome to forum btw
Thanks for the welcome, no I have no per experience or cross over skills, just something that I thought about and seems to be a good career.

are you looking to get gas safe register3ed become self empolyed?

its not cheap to become a gsr engineer i would consider that even more expensive to work for yourself

Hammers stole my thunder with his question. I thought it might have been something that you had already experienced. At least you're asking the right questions before you decide anything. As steveb said, look out armyash on the forum. He's been there, seen the video and got the t-shirt and now working in the industry. Good luck.

are you looking to get gas safe register3ed become self empolyed?

its not cheap to become a gsr engineer i would consider that even more expensive to work for yourself
I would more than likely be looking for employment rather than self employed !

i can only give advice on area where i am and its quite a saturated trade at present time not alot of oppotunities for employment .

as already stated armyash could give good advice from leaving the services into this trade

but i cant imagine its an easy route at present time good luck in trying tho

Ex squaddies are excellent learners. Only tell them once and they don't give up easily! Plus most of them are clean and tidy...... Crawling underfloors is like some sort of game for them? One of ours is like a rat up a drain pipe.... Can't get the hatch open quick enough!

I've trained a few ex forces who got their gas course fully paid by the resettlement fund (think that was what it was called) but I know they had to sort it BEFORE they left,

Received a message from wanabe and have replied with some information regarding training. Will wait to see what reply is and hopefully I can provide more info and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Engineer Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock