Search the forum,

Discuss Gap between shower door top and ceiling? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I am having to lift the shower tray off the floor and the ceiling height is approximately 2.3 m as per the standard for modern houses. With a fairly standard 2 m height door, this only leaves 170 mm gap between the top of the door and the ceiling and I wonder if this is sufficient for ventilation?
I can probably find a door that will be 20 mm shorter, but it’s not going to be chalk and cheese and will also introduce the probability of water splashing over the top as I am quite tall. If it won’t cause issues, I would probably prefer a slightly taller door.
What are peoples experiences / recommendations? TIA

That’s fine it would be best if you could to fit an extraction fan and have a vent above the shower if possible

That’s fine it would be best if you could to fit an extraction fan and have a vent above the shower if possible
Cheers Shaun. There is an extractor in the ceiling that feeds out through the soffit, but it sits approximately 1 m away from the shower for some reason. I suppose I could move it nearer to the shower door, although I’d have to check whether it would be okay to have it actually inside the shower, bearing in mind that the electrical unit is overhead i.e it is not an in-line unit.
I am 1.86 m tall and so I assume a 1.9 meter door would be fine, factoring in the frame, or would it be better to go 1.95 m or even 2 m? The old door was < 1.8 m and I don’t remember any particular issues, But obviously I want the best for the job. TIA

Problem is you start going into taller shower enclosures they start to jump up in price / custom made

Reply to Gap between shower door top and ceiling? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached picture from their catalogue. Like on this image ->...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock