Discuss Fulltime worker looking for a way into the plumbing industry!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arees1987

Hi guys. I am 25 years old and currently have a full time job. I am looking for a way to achieve my c&g qualifications and ultimately start working as a plumber. I work shifts so have a few days off a week available to study. I have looked at home study which would suit my life but it doesnt get me the c&g qualifications and also there would be no practical involved which for me is a bad thing. I have browsed at the rush courses but achieveing the c&g in 6 weeks does not seem very good and I have read everywhere that no employer likes it. Basically what I am asking for is if anyone ones of a way of achieving the c&g either one day a week which I acn change to suit my shift or a way to study at home but with practical elements involved too.
Any comments would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks

The best advice I can offer is that you stick with your full time job.
There is precious little work about for even the most qualified and experienced tradespeople.
Do a search on the forum regarding 'looking for work', 'experience needed' etc. And view the replies.

Thanks mountainman. I do not intend to jump straight out of my full time job as I know that would be very foolish. Just looking to give myself more options as working in a warehouse is very tedius. Thanks again

I would advise to have a look around at all trades, the plumbing industry is saturated at the moment as mountainman has said read the other posts. Look online for plumbing jobs in your area and see how many there are, and how much they're paying you may change your mind.

If you decide you still want to do it I wish you the best of luck.

:iagree: Aircon / Refrigeration would give you the basis to work on heatpumps, ac units and commercial refrigeration plants, certainly more money in it than plumbing.

Interesting comments with the air con/ refrigeration a friend did mention to be about this. Do you know the best way to go about learning the skills ( training, workplace ) etc? any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fulltime worker looking for a way into the plumbing industry!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone I am a female, level 3 student currently looking for an apprenticeship. I currently study at south east college and I am looking...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock