Discuss frost stats to heatslaves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just looked through a worcester heatslave manual for the wiring diagram of the control panel. Just checking the frost stat terminals and noticed it shows the fitting of TWO frost stats. Now i presume instaed of using a pipe stat to switch off the boiler , they have designed it be controlled through the first stat to detect low temp setting, then through the second to detect the higher temp . ??? is this correct in my theory ??
If so the location of them should be ??? Fisrt one close to boiler, then second where ???

just reading a few more forums and seems a pipe stat is still required, (because double pole stats are no longer available) requirement for 2 next to each other is required?? so the wall stats are self explanatory wiring, but not sure where the pipe stat comes into the wiring ??

NOTE: Both frost thermostats are fitted as
standard to the external appliance to
provide frost protection.

The above statement from the manual would suggest to me the boiler comes with them fitted internally.

hi there snowhead,

not sure about the external boilers, however Worcester confirmed that no intenal frost stats are fitted to the heatslave, 12 / 18. the original position of the boiler was in the kitchen so no call for the frost protection, but now the customer has decided they want it fitting in a utility, which is an unheated area, so frost protectionis now required.

not sure about the external boilers, however Worcester confirmed that no intenal frost stats are fitted to the heatslave, 12 / 18.
Looks like you missed out a bit of a not so new legislation there.
One is the frost stat the other one is the pipe stat.
The pipe stat is there to limit the flow temperature when on frost protection.
They are both in serie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to frost stats to heatslaves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock