Search the forum,

Discuss Found anything interesting under floorboards lately? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I've never found anything of real value anywhere yet but its always nice to come across tools left by previous plumbers, the other week I found a nice pair of stillsons in an airing cupboard and in another job a box of 30 year old fittings under the floor.

Its the newspapers I like finding though, when you read old 1960's papers it amazing how far things have come, like the job adverts before the dreaded political correctness and the war in Veitnam etc.

I found a Victorian 5 pack of cigarettes some years back working on a void property.
I had never seen them before so I did a bit of googleing and stuck them on ebay- made £32 result.

It was under the floorboards next to the original lead gas pipe for the lamps and a steel cable that I tracked back to being a bell pull for the servants.

Last edited:
Lifted some floorboards near a front door some years back and found a pile of letters that had fallen through the gap between skirting and floorboards, under the letterbox.

the worst thing ive found under floor boards is rsj's, the best is old copper which is quickly removed into back of the van.

Block tin in an old Victorian mansion.... amazing how it quickly dissapeared though!

Would have thought, that if you find something hidden beneath flooring or in the roof, then it belongs to the owner of the property. Call me old fashioned, but If you remove it from the property without the owners consent, it is known as theft.

Absolutly ask the customer first, they kept the Stillsons for themselves in the end, the thread is about things found.

i found a 1944 half penny, got it sitting in a glass of coke the now to clean it up a bit, they are only worth about £6 at the moment, might be worth more in the future !

A few years back when I worked for local firm one of their installers was working in an empty house ripping out an old BBU system, he found a bag of cash and a hand gun under the floor boards. He reported everything as he found a gun, if I had been there the cash would have "disappeared" though.

wasnt under the floor boards but I found a pair of knickers in a womans top drawer, gave them a quick sniff and put them back, where I had found them, lol

Bet you'll find few women engineers that'll do the same to pair of boxers. BLEH!

Last one I found was for a late 50's female customer - face cloth behind cylinder. Handed it to her and said I bet you were wondering where your beach towel had gone ...

Found a corn snake a couple of years ago under the boards.Gave it to the customer.

breast pump.... or as the missus just said "a willy enlarger"??????......

Drain testing kit isn't it !!!!LOL

Was it someone on this forum who was called to look at a strange humming noise coming from the pipework, he spent ages turning on taps, checking the airing cupboard or whatever but couldn't understand what was making the noise until he went in the ladys ensuite and in the vanity unit was a vibrator which had accidently turned on and was touching the hot pipe.

Can't remember where I heard it from but the lady was a tad embarrased!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Found anything interesting under floorboards lately? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock