Discuss Flueless fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
a chimney is designed to draw air up it, a vent is there to allow air into the room

a chimney is designed to draw air up it, a vent is there to allow air into the room
Hmmm, I thought that and was reading about difference in air pressures yet I can recall quite a few celler plant rooms
where the air was ducted in from above. I've decided to go with electric anyway but was curious to see if anyone had a
definitive answer.

direct to outside is through the wall or floorspace and sleaved.
through a chimney is through a chimney not outside.

i could stand to be corrected as i do not have fire ticket?.

does the mi's state high or low vent as there is warmer air at higher level and not around the ankles especially if an elderly woman?.

Have you tried changing the vent to a black hole vent ?? There will still be a small amount of air felt but these are far better at keeping the draughts out.

I have a similar issue at the moment with a couple who have had a flueless fit in place of a Fanned flue, they didn't realise a vent would be needed and it's a real issue because the fella suffers from diabetes and the vent blows onto his feet under the settee !!

It wasn't me who fit the fire but they want me to redress the situation so cheapest option, i went for the black hole vent and they've not been in touch for a few weeks now.

Hmmm, I thought that and was reading about difference in air pressures yet I can recall quite a few celler plant rooms
where the air was ducted in from above. I've decided to go with electric anyway but was curious to see if anyone had a
definitive answer.
its fine when you are supplying air to a open flued boiler as the draw of the appliance will pull the air down. vents at high level will pull air out due to convection.....flueless fires require vent at low level and should not be too close to the app. to prevent fresh air going to the asd and preventing it working correctly imo. a death occured when installer did not check working pressure and gas rate. fire was overgassed, causing sooting up of the catalyser and produced masses of co, vent was next to the appliance and fresh air blowing over asd prevented fire shutting off,
try a blackhole vent as goz666 has suggested

Just to add, personally I wouldn't have a fluelass gas fire unless I had a good quality CO detector. I always recommend to the customer and make sure I write on the paperwork when commissioned that CO detector is recommended.

Agree with above , I would not and never would install a flueless gas fire and i cannot see why they are not banned as everything has a shelf life

The problem with this sort of appliance is that people will neglect to have it serviced regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flueless fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock