Currently reading:
Fixing cistern to wall

Discuss Fixing cistern to wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nimo

Hi All,
I recently re-tiled my bathroom, which meant taking the toilet off and then refitting it once tiled. I've screwed the cistern onto the wall as that's how it was attached previously. My problem, or question, is that the new screws I've used have rusted a little after only 5 months. One of them gets splashed on a little by the filler. They are just normal zinc-coated screws and screw into the plugs in the tiled plasterboard to the rear of the cistern. Are there particular types of screws I should use that are more resistant to rust? I suppose I could silicone them to protect them from water, but that seems a bit "agricultural".
Any suggestions?
Thanks

brass doesnt rust either hence why most plumbers use brass screws, stainless will corrode if its cheap and chinese

I use the tapwasher like steve and also a screw cap too to protect the head from corrosion. Stainless steel though is the way to go if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing cistern to wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock