Currently reading:
Fitting shower panels.

Discuss Fitting shower panels. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have got to cut and fit some shower panels over the next couple of days.

Cutting them I have not got a problem but it's sticking them back I'm not sure of.

Do I just grip fill them back? Or is there anything better to use?

Also should I PVA the wall or something before hand?

I have got to cut and fit some shower panels over the next couple of days.

Cutting them I have not got a problem but it's sticking them back I'm not sure of.

Do I just grip fill them back? Or is there anything better to use?

Also should I PVA the wall or something before hand?

sticks like -*/- , pink grip fill, ct1 grab n bond, ct1 Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive or if you know the man they might have there recommended stuff

take your pick

Last edited:
If they are the cheap and nasty orrible plastic things use some good quality construction silicone . If they are proper wetwall panels ( bushboard / grant westfield type ) defo use what the manufacturer suggests, they weigh a bloody ton .
Yep pva the walls lol

A couple of years ago I did both bathroom of a house in full size 8 x 4 sheets Grant Westfield hydrolock, 14 sheets at around £100 each. getting each one upstairs and around the landing was a nightmare. One corner wedged against ceiling and other ripping the carpet, had to remove light switch and smoke alarm just to get them round.

Never again! Luckily carpet was due for replacement after bathrooms.

if using pink grip made sure it has 'grab' to it, had to throw out half a box as it didn't stick properly.

Sticks like shi ite, or stixxall. Grip fill can be poor. If its the rally thin plastic panels stay away from silicone. It just peels off when the panels get warm.

Make sure you use an alcohol wipe on the back of the panel after cutting. Nothing sticks yo sawdust.
Like above. Gripfil and pink grip is for softwood skirtings. Sticks like s@@t is good. Prime the walls first with SBR or an acrilic primer ( not pva! It's water soluble)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting shower panels. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back