Discuss Firm vs Private in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 39 and have been with the firm nearly 2 years

Keep a rough record of what you think you earn the company every week then at 2yrs service ask for a rise, think it was Ray or cr0ft that came up with a figure of 25% to you and the rest covers the expenses of employing a man and a van.

You can do some boilers for me if you want I'm paying my gs guy £50 an hour:whatchutalkingabout

should be on about 20-25 an hour about

No one on the cards employed is earning that. Unless North Wales is where the big money is. I am in South London and have a few mates all working for firms, some doing service and repair and some install work. They all earn 30-35k per year and have at least 10 years experience each. There is the opportunity to do call out or overtime if wanted. Some have to cover x amount of call out days per year as part of their basic.

30-35 is about the going rate for on the cards round here which if you can do overtime wouldn't be too bad, less stress as well! being self employed can give you a few sleepless nights:(

No one on the cards employed is earning that. Unless North Wales is where the big money is. I am in South London and have a few mates all working for firms, some doing service and repair and some install work. They all earn 30-35k per year and have at least 10 years experience each. There is the opportunity to do call out or overtime if wanted. Some have to cover x amount of call out days per year as part of their basic.

:D nope certainly not in north wales lucky to get £300 a week round here

but london is normally around 3 times as much etc

Maybe I'm just tired and being a whiny little girl :/ it could be worse!!

where do you do most of your work and what kind of work is it?

Are you SE or on the cards?

where do you do most of your work and what kind of work is it?

Are you SE or on the cards?

I'm SE - our work is all over London but I'm mainly west (inc SW, NW) and I do plumbing and gas work - it varies from day to day. I've just started doing boiler installs by myself.

Have a word with Pimlico they're hiring at the moment some of their plumbers earn in an hour what you get for a day!

Being SE you can earn more in a couple of days but you have to keep the work coming in.

If you are on 80 a day take home subbing then time to look elsewhere as that's a joke.

I'm SE - our work is all over London but I'm mainly west (inc SW, NW) and I do plumbing and gas work - it varies from day to day. I've just started doing boiler installs by myself.

Are you also supplying your own van and tools?

I just think the pressure and work load with the firm is a bit too much sometimes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firm vs Private in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock