Discuss Firm vs Private in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I did a private boiler and hob job at the weekend and got paid in 2 days what I would get in 2 weeks from my firm.

As much as I owe my boss for giving me a chance I've come to realise that I'm working my bum off for £80 a day (take home) and it's getting a little annoying when I've done my 7 jobs on my diary and they're calling me at 4:30 to 'refresh your diary cos we've added another job that HAS TO BE DONE'.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being taken for a mug!

Rant over. Just needed to get that off my chest.

Thats pretty terrible rates. You are GS you should be getting at least double that. Look around Im sure another company would bite your hand off and up your pay by half easily.

Thats pretty terrible rates. You are GS you should be getting at least double that. Look around Im sure another company would bite your hand off and up your pay by half easily.

I've only been gas safe for 7 months though, doesn't that make a difference?

Don't know of any firms paying £160 take home a day.

How many hours a week would you say your doing then Jay? 5 day week, call-outs?

Id ask for another £30? If you don't get it, look elsewhere. I would have thought £15ph is the going rate, at least

Last edited:
I've only been gas safe for 7 months though, doesn't that make a difference?

You get small firms that need a gas safe person to allow them to do boilers etc.
With no gas safe thats still very little. There are some apprentices I know that get more than that..
Try this here if you got a CV Plumber Jobs, vacancies in London | Indeed.co.uk
Even self employed I cant imagine you would struggle to match what you are being paid

When I do a private at say 2hrs max all in including travelling (my van not theirs) that roughly equals a days company pay.

If you have no contract, you could work any hours you want. How old are you and how long have you been in the job?

I'm 39 and have been with the firm nearly 2 years

How many hours a week would you say your doing then Jay? 5 day week, call-outs?

I generally leave my house at 7:30 to go pick up parts for the day, earliest I get home is about 5 - 5 days a week. No call outs but some days I have to work late if jobs have to get done.

should be on about 20-25 an hour about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firm vs Private in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock