Search the forum,

Discuss Finding where the main line enters house in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, I'm trying to locate exactly where my main line enters the house (inside the walls, not the slab etc..) i need to cut and cap it because i have already diverted it. Previous concrete renos have hidden the straight line from the main valve straight to the house, now i cannot see easily what goes where... if they have diverted it previously for eg... is there a 'typical' entry point to an Australian home? Straight to hot water system? Kitchen first? Bathroom that is closest?? Is there a technique i can use to find it?Any advice would be appreciated!

is there a 'typical' entry point to an Australian home?
I don't know that but...

If you cut and cap it at the point it enters the home you'll likely be creating a 'dead leg', which is a health hazzard and would be against regulations in this country. You need to trace the redundant supply pipe back to the point it taps into the supply system and disconnect it there, in accordance with applicable local regs.

Reply to Finding where the main line enters house in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock