Discuss faulty radiator ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ericrw

My radiator in the kitchen is not working but all other radiators in the house are working. As to whether it is a faulty radiator, I`ve no way of knowing. If the feed pipes under the radiator are cold, when they should be hot, does it mean that the problem lies elsewhere within the system ?? I would appreciate any advice on tis problem.

A few questions:

Are the rad valves open?

Did it ever work?

If it did work, has anything been done to the system (even in other rooms) since it last worked?

Try turning all your other radiators off, and see if it gets hot under those circumstances

Ray, Thanks for your prompt reply. 1st question, Yes. 2nd, Yes. 3rd, No. I`ve tried your suggest of turning all other rads off but made no difference to the kitchen rad. The kitchen rad did have a thermostat fitted but it was removed in case that was faulty.

If the head has been removed but the valve body is still connected then you should check that the pin is not seized. To do this gently press it down and see if it springs up. You may want something hard to push it with. Do not pull it as you can pull it out, just press it down gently and see if it springs back up

If the head has been removed but the valve body is still connected then you should check that the pin is not seized. To do this gently press it down and see if it springs up. You may want something hard to push it with. Do not pull it as you can pull it out, just press it down gently and see if it springs back up
The pin, following you instructions, appears to b working correctly.

Tom, The pipework goes into the Garage and the kitchen rad pipes go into a pipe leading from the boiler, that particular pipe continues to the rad in the toilet, which is working correctly.

My money is still on the TRV pin stuck or not opening enough to allow flow. I had one like this the other day, pressed the pin down and it went ok and sprung up ok but still no flow.

Get your pliers on the pin and try pulling it up very slightly, 1mm maybe. DO NOT FORCE IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to faulty radiator ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock