Currently reading:
fan fault?

Discuss fan fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

owington

Hi,
I was called to a fault today on a boiler i have never seen before. (Fagor Feb 20 E). The main 3 amp fuse would blow everytime the boiler was switched on. After disconnecting the wires at the fan the boiler would stay on but obviously not light. Am I right in assuming that the fan needs replacing or are there any other checks I should make first. My fault finding skills are not great having primarily worked on installations before.
Thanks

You could do a resistance check on the fan. And then do the maths.

But does sound like a kaput fan

do a resistance test on the fan, for a 3 amp circuit anything giving less than 80 ohms will pop the fuse
240/3 = 80

Thanks lads, just started with this company and is my first fault so didnt want to order a fan and find out i'd made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fan fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock