Currently reading:
External Waste Pipe Leaking !

Discuss External Waste Pipe Leaking ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sabb

Ive got an issue and didnt knew exactly which thread to post it under so dont blame me ! :)
right down to the issue, ive got a leakage going on in my back garden along where the Waste Pipe joins the bottom UV Joint i think thats what you call it anyway, but its quite an issue as lets water run out when your using the upstairs bathroom eg sink, toilet and shower and im sure its certainly not good for the ground i havent a clue on who to phone to sort this problem out and dont wanna get overpriced or ripped off lol, I was wondering if its something i can do myself with the right parts and tool etc or would i need to call a proffesional and if so who ?

NOTE : its had previous repair done by my father using silicone and other stuff... Also the property is owned my us !

So ive attcahed photos to show the issue, Advice and replacement parts etc would be perfect
! photo 1.jpgphoto 3.jpg <<<<< closeup of the issue

photo 4.jpg << MESS its causing when shower is used :(
PLEASE HELP !!!!!

welcome to the forum.

have you checked its not chocked, can you see holes on the access panel, normally i either rebolt the access panel back on or its a full cut out job to replace the stack access point.
it will be a nightmare to try and find an other access panel for the cast

No i dont think its chocked, also note this is not the original piece. i believe the original piece had cracked and needed replacing, we cut out a plastic piece and shaped it like the original piece as a temporary replacement this is whats giving way now, and i came on here for some adivice if possible.
Im not sure what to do at this moment in time, can i locate a new access panel ?
or would i need to call a professional and if so who ?
Do plumbers carry out this kinda work and would it be expensive to repair ?
Many thanks on the reply

highly unlikley youll find a replacement its either a better bodge or cut it out which will not be cheap as the whole stack will probably need replacing

aaaah craap, money tight aswell so this is gonna be a touch one, i think well just have to use a better bodge i guess, any recoomendations ?
also it wouldnt help to get a figure i guess, any ideas how much it'll be ?
Thanks for the quick reply steve !

Rip out and replace the complete stack, get three quote, sorted.

Easy job to do yourself really
Might take you a bit of time but material cost not massive !
Do you have tools and any diy skills ?

Yeah i have enough toold and im good with my hands, just tell me what i need and what to do i'll defo give it a try basildog !
Thanks

Theirs a limit where i gotta say **** i cant do that !
Im not planning to rip out the old stack myself to be honest aha

Are the holes for the original bolts still useable??
If yes, get a bit of thick aluminium plate (easy to cut and shape) drill holes in it for the bolts, and use CT1 as a sealer/gasket

Will check for the original holes tomorrow as its gone dark now, hopefully they should still be their and will locate and aluminium plate, know the best places to find an aluminium plate ?
Itll need new bolts aswell as i cant seem to remember where the existing bolts are and cant remember what size they are :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External Waste Pipe Leaking ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back