Discuss electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated, by doing it right such that courts aren't involved. Time to shut this down guys. Night Night:8:

All showers must be fitted with 10mm twin and earth minimum, terminating at the consumer box with a separate RCD for safety.

Sorry, not all at all. Power showers only need a 3A fuse and 30mA RCD. 2.5mm cable will be fine.

Last edited:
To take the load without overheating the cable. All showers of 8.5kw and above must be 10mm twin and earth minimum. If the cable run is a long one it should be increased to 12mm.

You have got that one wrong.
It needs to be suitably sized to suit the load and how it is run.
A bit like saying a 24kw boiler needs an 22mm gas pipe. It doesn't necessarily but it does need a properly sized one.

You have got that one wrong.
It needs to be suitably sized to suit the load and how it is run.
A bit like saying a 24kw boiler needs an 22mm gas pipe. It doesn't necessarily but it does need a properly sized one.
Yes that is what I said, it should be sized to suit the load and run, and increased if the run is a long one. But 10mm is now the minimum and any M.I I've read recently states this.

Sod the electric and fit a nice thermostatic mixer off of the combi hot and cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock