Currently reading:
Electric shower + electric water heater

Discuss Electric shower + electric water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gijno

Hello, I'm looking to remove cilynder and tank from storage (I want to have empy space there not the cylinder) and I've found one solution on the web, I would like to know if it can be a good one or if it is faulty.

I live in a flat, electricy only, no gas, water pressure around 2 bar.

I would like to put this electric shower

Aqualisa Quartz Graphite Electric Shower 10.5KW

and to heat water for sink in the kitchen and sink + bidet in the bathroom I've seen this water heater (of course I'm gonna buy two of them, on for the kitchen and one for the bathroom)

Redring Powerstream 12KW

If I'm not wrong everything should be used with mains, isn't it? That means I can get rid of cylinder isn't it?

Thanks for your help :)

No good for the kitchen sink, to get the water hot enough the flow rate will be dire. It's also a fair old load on the consumer unit.

No good for the kitchen sink, to get the water hot enough the flow rate will be dire. It's also a fair old load on the consumer unit.

Is there any alternative, by keeping in mind I would like to remove the cilynder?

Small hot water storage undersink heater rated at 3Kw, do away with the bidet and fit a small handwash unit over the basin.

You could use a powerstream for the bathroom taps but prepare to be disappointed and ensure that the bidet is an over the rim model.

Mate, I would suggest you get a couple of quotes of some plumbers local to you or we could be here all night!

And speak to a spark too. That lot adds up to 150 amp without a light on. You will need contactors fitted.

And speak to a spark too. That lot adds up to 150 amp without a light on. You will need contactors fitted.

Spark? What is it?
About 150amp, I'm never gonna use all of three items together... should be fine in that way isn't it?

Spark? What is it?
About 150amp, I'm never gonna use all of three items together... should be fine in that way isn't it?

Well if you do you will only do it once. 2 at the same time will also cause problems. I hope you live near the fire station to give your neighbours at least some chance of surviving.

Well if you do you will only do it once. 2 at the same time will also cause problems. I hope you live near the fire station to give your neighbours at least some chance of surviving.

Brrr... Is there a maximum amount of Amp I can use without burning London?

Of course there is. Your main fuse on the incoming supply will be between 60 and 100 amp.
You need to speak to an electrician. It can be done but not cheaply or easily and not diy.

Of course there is. Your main fuse on the incoming supply will be between 60 and 100 amp.
You need to speak to an electrician. It can be done but not cheaply or easily and not diy.

I understand... basically that means that if I use items once at a time (in any case remaining ALWAYS under the range 60 - 100 amp) it's fine, if for any reason I use more is a problem... isn't it?

A sparky will advise on on the electrics. I'd give one a call first as there are times when the electric supply into the building isn't sufficient. A few years ago I ripped out an electric boiler that a customer had fitted before consulting a sparky. When the sparky turned up to wire it the feed to the building was insufficient for the extra load and the electricity supplier was after thousands to upgrade it.

No because there is the possibility someone will use something else at the same time. You also have the load from the rest of the house. Cooker around 30 amp, washing machine 10 amp, sockets up to 30 amp, lights etc etc.
This is not a diy project. Seek professional advice.

There's something called diversification but it also allows for the fact all appliances have the potential to be run at the same time.

How is your place heated?

No because there is the possibility someone will use something else at the same time. You also have the load from the rest of the house. Cooker around 30 amp, washing machine 10 amp, sockets up to 30 amp, lights etc etc.
This is not a diy project. Seek professional advice.

We are two in a flat so there is low risk to use together things at the same time, anyway is not a risk to undervaluate...

You have been given the advice. It is dangerous.
You may find you learn an expensive lesson.

You have been given the advice. It is dangerous.
You may find you learn an expensive lesson.

First of all I thank all of you for your kind explanation and time... I'm not british so not know well how things work here.
Problems is the last thing I want...

As you've been told, please get tradesmen in and talk to them, tell them what you hope to do.

In all honesty, given what you've told us so far, it's unfeasible, unworkable and downright dangerous.

We are actually all thinking of your safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower + electric water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock