Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone recognize this UV filter? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

uvJpg.jpg

I can't get the glass tube out.
There's no maker's marks on the filter. It's at least 10 years old, and the UV bulb is 33" long - that's all I know about it.
In all of the videos online, there's a bit you unscrew from the bottom. There's nothing to unscrew on the bottom of this one.
It's not been cleaned in over 10 years, and we have peat water. Is it a 'top pull' that's just gunked up?

UPDATE: The only info I had was the number on the bulb. Did a Google search, and it's a Sita bulb (uv028104). I think they're made specifically for Sita filters. The site that sells the bulbs in the UK (elclampsonline), also sells the glass tubes (one type fits all Sitas I think?).

The glass tube isn't hollow, it has a glass cap on one end (so it looks like a long test tube). Pretty sure the water passes along the outside of it, so it must be peat build up that's making it difficult to pull out?

-I'll leave this thread up just in case someone else find's themselves in the same situation that I did (no maker's marks is a pain in the butt?).

Tips on how to remove it would be great, but think brute force is the only option?

The stainless body seems to be connected with 1/2"bsp fittings, so it might be easier to disconnect the whole thing and try flushing it in the reverse direction, and/or poking around through the bottom port to dislodge any build-up, and maybe even try levering the bottom of the tube up with a bit of wood or similar.

The glass tube probably has masses of gunk buildup on it.
The UV light will be doing nothing in this case.
Remove the unit from the piping and remove the glass cylinder by what ever means necessary.
Make sure you flush the unit entirely to remove glass fragments - if you have to go to that extreme.

When you replace the glass, make sure you check it a intervals of not more than a year.

Reply to Does anyone recognize this UV filter? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock