Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Does anyone do any plumbing work for companies doing external insulation??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

just wondered if there's anyone on here that does any plumbing work for insulation companies that insulate the exterior of a building using a king span type product that is then rendered???

ive been asked to do some work for such a company and talking to them, what they require is all pipe work on the exterior of the building to be extended temporary by approx 150mm to allow them to get the insulation in and rendered. I then have to go back on the second fix and fix everything back properly again.

my first main concern is soil stacks, especially cast iron ones

Remember a thread on this a while ago, was it kay-jay?
Yes it was me[emoji3]

Crap job this time of year. Great in summer.

To the op
If you have cast stacks and rainwatet you will remive and replace with plastic.
Common problems we had was scaffolders to slow, materials not on site, wrong flues sent etc.

Ensure you will get paid if you cant work cos of other peoples cockups.
There needs to be two of you as well. Two will smash out more properties than two teams of one. If your not on price it dont matter tho......

Thanks guys, this is why I love this site. Help at your finger tips

ive pm'ed kay-jay for some advice

Yeah sorry man. Will have to wait til morning now. For some reason I cant delete them via tapatalk on my phone. Will have to do on computer tomoz

Ican only open page one but I could earn decent money at those rates. Fepends how quivk you are.

Thefe was two of us and we were doing three proprrties a day easy. Fo the prices include parts or foes the gear get provided for you?

Ican only open page one but I could earn decent money at those rates. Fepends how quivk you are.

Thefe was two of us and we were doing three proprrties a day easy. Fo the prices include parts or foes the gear get provided for you?

There's only 1 page mate even though it shows 3.

Rates include parts mate so I supply and fit

going back a year or 2 I was on a similar job in St helens and the soil stacks wasn't part of the job, they basically just covered the lot of them, extended all outside taps flues and blow offs ect

beesley i am currently doing the above right now on a massive contract any questions just ask bud

Be careful on the ones that require cutting in round flues, seen too many that simply don't look as if the gap is enough to ensure the boiler will work properly

kirk gas we are currently fixing all the fluff ups and thats what happening so new flues, round about glasgow aswell

I've seen a few stinkers round a bout here, hope they aren't yours haha, eg external f gas pipe to upstairs flat, they have left a 100mm wide section round the gas pipe and covered it with PVC panel with vents in, looks absolutely horrible, they would have been better taking gas pipe off and altering

all am going to say is everwarm

HELL NO bud we are correctly shed lots down ayr girvan, and paisley

Yes it was me[emoji3]

Crap job this time of year. Great in summer.

To the op
If you have cast stacks and rainwatet you will remive and replace with plastic.
Common problems we had was scaffolders to slow, materials not on site, wrong flues sent etc.

Ensure you will get paid if you cant work cos of other peoples cockups.
There needs to be two of you as well. Two will smash out more properties than two teams of one. If your not on price it dont matter tho......

brings back memories! lol

you need patience and good debt recovery skills and stuff in writing imo

An estate near in Littlehampton was upgraded ! A couple of years ago, The works started a couple of years ago but halted after about 6 months. Absolute shambles, there were more quad bikes with contractors on going around than guys actually working.
Eventually the contractor went bust and the scaffolding stayed up on some houses for months.
some very strange choices of coloured render which haven't aged well.
Eventually the scaffolding was removed and then new contractors came and replaced gutters and fascias off ladders !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone do any plumbing work for companies doing external insulation??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock