Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dodgy Pump symptoms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to this job tonight.

Reports of no hw and no ch.

All turned off on programmer, i switched on hw and it fired up. CH going on and off as it should, on auto and constant.

These scenarios do my head in, turning up to a job and everything is working - how can you fix what isn't broken?

The pump is noisy and doesn't look particularly new. With the noise i think it's on it's way out and is struggling.

Any common faults with these?

intermittent fault PITA, could be anything from programmer to boiler,normally first signs of a pump dying are upstairs rads working ,noisy boiler and downstairs not heating,but not always,pump may have stuck and un seized its self did you put a screwdriver in the center and see if you could stop it?

I had a similar job recently, the pump was at a high point in the airing cupboard making noises... I changed it & it worked fine for a few days then the pump was making funny noises again!! It was a blocked cold feed, system was running dry almost & the pump on the highest point meant it grumbled first!!

If i have to go back i'll change the pump and go from there

Had a job last year where i suspected the pump was on its way out , last couple rads on circuit were only luke warm and i could stop the impeller quite easily with a screwdriver.
Replaced pump and all worked fine.

If i have to go back i'll change the pump and go from there

You need to be careful Ash, let them know the pump is in its say out. But you can't guarantee it'll cure the fault.
Pumps normally aren't the cause of intermittent faults, it's usually an air pressure with or diveterter valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dodgy Pump symptoms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock