Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless drill replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many years the batteries to my trusted DeWalt have given up.

Bought a new replacement from that place which sells screws, again a DeWalt. Very disappointed with the charge and quality of the product and after half a day the trigger broke.

To be fair it was the cheap end of the DeWalt range DCD776D2SF-GB, but then so was my previous model.

Any recommendations out there, I'm cautious of DeWalt now, and am thinking Makita perhaps?

Cheers

I just bought milwaukee and they are the best cordless tools I have ever owned..
the impact driver is ferocious and the same for the drill.. takes your arm off when using a large holesaw. get the fuel gear, brushless motors

I use my 18v with an 11/2 dry diamond awesome piece of kit.

Milwaukee, (used to be AEG I think). Had two drill for last three years.
Can't fault them.

Again another for milwaukee had all the makes over the years and this stuff is the best

Just found the receipt for my drill, had it 6 years 2 months used and abused every day of that time, put in new brushes early this year, my only complaint it's a bit heavy and when using 2mm or thereabouts drill bits I have to buy bulk because they tend to break very easily with the weight of the drill.

Thing is the OP spent £150 on the Dewalt not £350+ which is what the Milwaukee will cost. For everyday trade use it might be worth spending a bit more...my next stop would be Makita if you're not willing to outlay for Milwaukee.

The Metabo seem good deal.
And once you take the initial hit of the cost of a drill or twin kit with 2 or more batteries and a charger, you can then just buy the bare tools for small cost.
Even Hilti have bare tools which include a case, for as little as £130 + vat on deals - like their 22volt cordless combi or impacts for example.

It's a cracking drill as well, mines 5yrs old now and we'll abused

The Metabo looks great but anything that heavy just reminds me of my old Bosch 24v which was like using breeze block.

The Metabo looks great but anything that heavy just reminds me of my old Bosch 24v which was like using breeze block.

That's the only thing I don't like about Metabo and also Hilti combi drill, - very heavy.
Okay for short spells of use, but far too heavy for long use or working above your head.
Panasonic are incredibly lightweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cordless drill replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock