Discuss cordless drill and impact driver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the Makita set for £260 + VAT from Travis Perkins. I think it's excellent couldn't be happier with it.

used my mates dewalt the other day and his impact driver and they both seem pretty good.

also had a go on a makita drill which seemed good too. have no experience with milwaukee at all but hear good things.

the dewalt and makita though do have 3 speed and the milwaukee only 2.but the milwaukee has more torque
basically i haven't a clue which to buy. i'm open to suggestions too so if you can reccomend something else thats good it would be appreciated

KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had two bosch 18v drills, very good but big and heavy. My dewalt 18v is absolutely spot on, I bought it on special and got the 18v and 12v screwdriver for £100. Had no problems with it other than some of the older farmhouses when I find the hammer just not heavy enough but I have a corded sds for the heavier stuff.

Great tool the though impact driver is, how often would you need it?

Great tool the though impact driver is, how often would you need it?

need it - not very much. use it- quite a bit. its small and easy to use in tight spaces and will drive any screw home without pre-drilled holes.

the principal reason for buying the twin pack though is that the drill on its own is nearly as dear.
found the same kit on makita website £400 with a free site radio as well.

mine has given up the ghost as well , its a dealt xrp but dont think i will get another .
Going cheaper ryobi £90 know few guys who use 18 v one and said they work fine no problems

Ive got the Makita twin pack. 18V Combi Drill and Impact driver. Got it from Screwfix a while ago when they were on offer. Its probably the tools I use the most now. The only thing about the impact driver is that its making me lazy, I use it now instead of a normal driver! Make sure your batteries are Li-on and 3.0Ah.

Makita LXT 202 18volt twin pack, in the region of £300, awesome piece of kit, one of the very best i've ever owned.

The milwaukee kit is very, very good. i think you also get a 3 yeat warranty with them. Ive been using 28v milwaukee for many years and its the best kit i have ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cordless drill and impact driver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, looking for a bit of advice from people who have these brands or these particular sets. I am torn between either the ; MAKITA DLX2145TJ...
Replies
Views
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/milwaukee-m18cblpd-402c-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-redlithium-brushless-cordless-combi-drill/702fh Looks a god deal but is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I’m looking at buying a Milwaukee sds which will be for general use such as drilling...
Replies
Views
It's my dads birthday coming up, and I've been looking at this drill...
Replies
Views
My old ryobi has finally given up the ghost on a job earlier so I need to invest in a new drill. I deadly want an impact driver too but budget is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock