Discuss Copyright Image Sharing - Exclusive To Plumbers Arms Members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside Tap

006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg

Forgot to take a pic after I sealed the sleeve but it's makes for a better outside tap than most I've found in Google Images.

Outside Tap

View attachment 13427 View attachment 13425 View attachment 13426

Forgot to take a pic after I sealed the sleeve but it's makes for a better outside tap than most I've found in Google Images.

Nice looking job mate, unless using my preferred choice of a wall-plate (I think that's what they're called) I'd have done the exterior pipework going downwards so they can drain off easier in winter.
But tell you what, that's the shiniest wall plate elbow I think I've ever seen :)

Nice looking job mate, unless using my preferred choice of a wall-plate (I think that's what they're called) I'd have done the exterior pipework going downwards so they can drain off easier in winter.
But tell you what, that's the shiniest wall plate elbow I think I've ever seen :)
Yes it's a wallplate, wallplate elbow or backplate elbow, whatever you prefer really. Pipework heads down in this case because there's a slight fall towards an internal drain off under the sink unit.

View attachment 13445I meant one of them.
If I was using a wall plate elbow (backplate elbow) I'd make the pipe run down to it rather than up to it so they can drain the pipes in winter.

Ideally yes, but it's not always possible which is why I fit a drain off inside if the indoor pipework has to be lower than the tap.

What are those wallplate's like anyway, how long is the pipe on it? I've heard many complain they leak due to bad soldering.

What are those wallplate's like anyway, how long is the pipe on it? I've heard many complain they leak due to bad soldering.

I really like them, not had a bad one yet and must have used a hundred of them.
The pipe length is just about right for a standard brick house wall, if it's stone or silly thick I just couple a bit of 15mm on the end to extend it.

I really like them, not had a bad one yet and must have used a hundred of them.
The pipe length is just about right for a standard brick house wall, if it's stone or silly thick I just couple a bit of 15mm on the end to extend it.

You get long ones also

View attachment 13445I meant one of them.
If I was using a wall plate elbow (backplate elbow) I'd make the pipe run down to it rather than up to it so they can drain the pipes in winter.

Every time I've tried one of these when I try to drill fixings the brick breaks away into the pipe hole!

Every time I've tried one of these when I try to drill fixings the brick breaks away into the pipe hole!

Have you tried a 6mm bit & a slight angle away from the pipe hole?

I use these all the time, not had a problem with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copyright Image Sharing - Exclusive To Plumbers Arms Members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back